I am away from the office or home for several weeks at time and make changes to calendar, tasks...etc. on phone. Nightly, I remote into office or home PC. After a while, outlook events are not matching up with events in phone.
Can I sync Android and Outlook on my remote PC using VCOrganizer?
Yes, you can.
You need the following:
- Fix IP address (If this is your home network, which should be provided by your ISP depends on what plan you are using)
- Configure port forwarding on your router.
Assume you have PC A at home with fix ip 111.222.333.444 assigned by your ISP. And you have your mobile phone which is connected to the internet.
- You need to set the port forward at home's router to forward request from 8182 to port 8182 on PC A
- If necessary, you can enable the VPN feature on your router it supports VPN.
- You can also set sync password in SyncCenter -> General tab if necessary.
- Connect your phone to internet (using 3G or 4G, if you have VPN enabled, you can connect VPN), then enter the ip address of 111.222.333.444 in VCO Sync screen.
Remark: The IP address 111.222.333.444 is an example. You need to check with your ISP to see if you have a fix IP.
If you do not have a public IP, please see this blog Chat - Sync with Outlook
VCOrganizer syncs Outlook (notes, tasks, events and contacts) to your Android phone and tablet.